Position: Administrative Assistant
Project: International Urban and Regional Cooperation Asia and Australasia (IURC Asia & Australasia)
Type of Employment: 1-year contract with possibility of renewal
A project financed by the European Union and implemented by GFA Consulting Group GmbH, IURC Asia & Australasia is part of a global programme which aims to lead and develop a form of decentralised international urban and regional cooperation in the fields of sustainable urban development and innovation. In Asia and Australasia, the programme works in 9 countries, namely Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Thailand and Vietnam, and will facilitate cooperation between 39 Asian and Australasian cities and 46 European cities, in pairs and clusters. Project activities will include bilateral and group meetings, thematic webinars and coaching sessions, and study visits, along with the development of urban development action plans and the implementation of pilot projects
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant
- Ensuring that financial administration functions well in accordance with GFA standard procedures, in close liaison with GFA Headquarters
- Assisting in the management of the project’s budget, collecting offers, preparing TORs, updating financial records and overseeing expert timesheets
- Organising logistical arrangements for activities such as study visits and missions, e.g. booking flights and accommodation
- Assisting in the organisation of project activities, such as meetings and thematic webinars, and drafting minutes of weekly team meetings
- Keeping records of project documentation and project outputs
Qualifications & Skills
- A university degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, English, international relations, etc.)
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant field, experience with an international organisation is an asset
- Strong administrative, communication and IT skills
- Excellent English and Thai verbal and written communication skills essential; other languages highly desirable
- Team player, flexible and strong communication skills.
Working Hours and Location
The office is located in the CRC Tower at All Seasons Place, Bangkok, Thailand. Normal working hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Monday to Friday. However, the working hours can be flexible.
The IURC Asia & Australasia project will be implemented until December 2023. This is a full-time position starting from January 2022 for the duration of one year. It may be extended until the end of the project, subject to satisfactory performance.
Interested candidates shall send their CV and cover letter in English by 20 December 2021 to Mr. Siriwat Pokrajen at email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.