Newly-launched urban and regional cooperation between Essen in Germany, Grenoble-Alpes Métropole in France, Toyota and Koriyama
Essen in Germany, Grenoble-Alpes Métropole in France, Toyota and Koriyama were approved as cluster cites in the International Urban and Regional Cooperation (IURC) Programme 2021-2023 organised by the European Union (EU). In commemoration of this newly-launched urban and regional cooperation, a kick-off event and business seminar in the planned cooperation fields including “Hydrogen” and “Open Innovation” are held online with the presence of the German and French embassies in Japan.
Kickoff Event 9:00-9:20 (CET) / 17:00-17:20 (JST)
Opening & Speech
- Masato Shinagawa, Mayor of Koriyama City
- Mr. Toshihiko Ota, Mayor of Toyota City
- Mr. Thomas Kufen, Lord Mayor of Essen City
- Mr. Christophe Ferrari, President of Grenoble-Alpes Métropole (GAM)
Speech of Honored Guest
- Ms. Susanne Welter, Minister Counsellor, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Tokyo
- Mr. Rémy Cardinet, Counsellor, Embassy of the French Republic, Tokyo
Business Seminar 9:20-10:10 (CET) / 17:20-18:10 (JST)
- Yohei Watanabe, Chief, Business Creation Division, Koriyama City
- Mr. Go Theisen, Project Director for International Business, Essen Economic Development Agency (EWG)
- Mr. Gabriel Voisin-Fradin, Project Manager for International Economic Relations, Grenoble-Alpes Métropole (GAM)
- Mr. Yusuke Kitagawa, Head, Next Generation Industry Division, Toyota City
- Dr. Hirohide Furutani, Director, Fukushima Renewable Energy Research Center, Fukushima Renewable Energy Institute, AIST (FREA)
- Mr. Yasuhiro Hattori, Director, Energy. Agency Fukushima
Organized by: City of Koriyama
Co-organized by: City of Essen, Grenoble-Alpes Métropole (GAM) and City of Toyota
Supported by: Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany and French Embassy in Tokyo and Fukushima Prefecture
Register now: “Rehabilitation Strategies for Historic Centres: case studies from Naples, Manaus, and Cienfuegos” webinar
We are very pleased to invite you to join us for the webinar “Rehabilitation strategies for Historic Centres: case studies from Naples 🇮🇹, Manaus 🇧🇷, and Cienfuegos🇨🇺”, organized by the International Urban and Regional Cooperation Latin America (IURC LAC) Programme on Thursday, February 24th at 09:00 CDT/16:00 CEST. The webinar will have a duration of 1:15 hours.
The event will present multisectoral strategies and lessons learned in the rehabilitation of historic city centres, as a way for integral territorial recovery and revitalization. The agenda includes:
· Priorization of strategic actions to develop a regeneration plan – Manaus (Brazil)
· The role of public-private partnerships in regeneration strategies – Naples (Italy)
· Heritage and sustainability to revitalize and preserve historic centres – Cienfuegos (Cuba)
The event will offer simultaneous interpretation in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Please don’t forget to register through the following link and feel free to share the event with your network. We are looking forward to seeing you on February 24th!
Register free here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/6416438219195/WN_nAtLbBJnQyeBhK3YG4cZwg
In this first session of our Sustainable Urban Mobility and Transport Cluster, we will address the challenge of planning and managing public transport to achieve a zero emissions target by 2030. A keynote presentation by Miguel Angel Ania from the Ministry of Public Services and Mobility of Zaragoza, Spain, will guide us on:
– Identifying the optimum technology for each city’s public transport vehicles,
– The relevance of planning an integrated system
– Reevaluating strategies for success
Miguel’s presentation will be followed by short presentations from a cohort of IURC cities on their public transport challenges and a brainstorming session where participants will identify possible solutions.
Official launch of the EU-funded International Urban and Regional Cooperation (IURC) Asia and Australasia (AA) programme in India. The objective is to:
1. Introduce the programme context, goals, cooperation framework and stakeholders
2. Present the 10 EU and 14 Indian cities
3. Share the key thematic networks of collaboration
The event is expected to welcome representatives from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, European Commission/Directorate General for Regional & Urban Policy (DG REGIO), Delegation of the European Union to Thailand, Delegation of the European Union to India, Member State Representatives in India, EU IURC cities, Indian IURC cities, IURC partner organisations and the IURC Asia and Australasia project team.
Link: This event is by invitation.